Alberto's: Good Food, and I Can Trace My Childhood Obesity Back Here.

The restaurant reviews ain't just a cop out for this Beautiful G to get them Ad Cents coins.

My mom used to bring me here whenever she went to Southern Exposure to get her hair done. Looking back on it, getting your kid a burrito stuffed with Asada, cheese, and potatoes for breakfast probably wasn't the best for my health, but damn, getting obese was delicious. Good news is Alberto's is the perfect balance between the three main types of Mexican cuisine: Taco Truck, Fast Food, and the restaurant.


Yo, Fam, I Don't Give a Shit About Yo Life. Tell Me 'Bout that Foo Foo.

Alright, Damn. Sorry, ya boy likes to reminisce, we cool? Aight.

You want an enchilada dinner plate? They got that. You want a carnitas plate? Got that. The best Asada fries in Stockton? Yeeep. You disagree on the last? If you're gonna tell me this one white building near the Costco Gas, sorry love, but that ain't it. For the intermediate experience of taco truck and diner, you get prices that won't be as cheap as a food truck, but cheaper than say Nena's or Casa Flores. I'll be honest too, I prefer here. Something about Alberto's refusal to dress its self up, pretend to be classy, is hella refreshing in my chubby little eyes.

Miss you Papa
My personal favorites from here are the Asada Fries and Pollo Asado Pate. For $10, you get enough to feed two people. So, if you're like me, you gotta a girlfriend. Have to feed her, and she's probably gonna eat most of it too. She'll say she doesn't want any, but you get the order, leave it on the table to grab some napkins -- cus they don't have dispensers -- and the food's gone. Alberto's knows the struggle. They give you enough for you, your significant other, your mom, your grandma, your aunty who drops her kids off at your house till 2 A.M., whoever, Alberto's got you. I got enough food for my dad too, and I ain't even got a dad @:/ Also also also, their beans are probably my favorite of any sit-down restaurant in Stockton. Better than Casa Flores, and damn better than Nena's unsalted beans.

If you something just to eat for that day, or you're not a big eater, the Pollo Asado burrito and California burrito are ways to go. First once gets you some grilled chicken, sour cream, lettuce, and pico de gallo; second, the carne asada, french fries, cheese.

Don't forget the salsa. Red meat, grab the red sauce. Fish and pollo, grab the green. 

Vegetarian options, this ain't it. Like most Mexican, Mex-American, whatever, restaurants, meat is a staple in most dishes. If you're a vegan, they got water, chips, and guacamole. Bless.

What bout dat Quality Service? Naw, Calenders.

ll be honest too, I prefer here. Something about Alberto's refusal to dress its self up, pretend to be classy, is hella refreshing in my chubby little eyes. It's a respectable place, it don't gotta lie to you.

Service isn't really an issue here, since you order and sit. Regardless, I've never had a problem with anyone at the register. They always get my order right, and greet me. I don't even get this much love at home. Oatmeal. Anyways.  The cage surrounding the cashier might be kind of surprising to the uninitiated, but that hotel next to Food4Less got some tweakers. I ain't talkin about the homeless, I mean them crazy, drugged out bois.

Big As Cow
Tried for a better shot,
but the White Lady in
Line thot I was
pervin.
Alberto's gotta keep itself safe. I respect that -- shouts to them. I mean damn, least they painted the cage red. That's some quality and fashionable anti-theft strategy right there. They also got all those decorative calendars that the suuuuuper Mexican stores on the East Side have. I'm talkin' about the ones with like the Virgin Mary wearing green and Pink standing next to a cow, in front of a hill pulled directly off a Windows 99 screensaver, with the gold mosaic skirts around em. The new calendar they added has this bull. It's a big ass bull too. All saggy. It's superimposed that same background as Mary. Yeah, they have like 50 of those calendars and Kelley's Car Wash coupons. Get some food, blessings from the virgin Mary, and a clean car? I'll props that.

I like it inside tho, because it reminds me of eating at any of my "real" Mexican friends house. I'm part Mexican. I know, my last name's Khan, but people of different ethnicity do fuck. Shouts to my grandma and grandpa. This place is like going into my girlfriend's house. There's some big ass pot always sitting over a fire, a Spanish radio station is ominously playing in the background (don't look for it), there's a holler across the kitchen every few seconds, and an employee comes walkin in-and-out of the place like one of fourteen siblings looking for food in the afternoon.

Problem though

There's an employee who I thought was the small chef from New Fu Lim. He ain't.

Love.


---------

Food: A Tad North of the Boarder/ Bought out of the Back of a Truck of a GualMar Parking Lot
Service: No Napkin Dispensers/ Stockton Kabob and Gyro House
Affordability: I Can Afford to Treat/ I'm a Sugar Daddy




Comments