Local Heroes, People of Interest, the Demigods of Stockton, CA: That Balancing Guy

That homeless guy that balances big ass stuff on his head. Who is he? What drives him? How did he learn about his fantastic abilities? What demons does he struggle with? Are are his greatest successes?

I dun really know. But, Imma talk about him anyway. Cause he's a massive legend.

First of my entries into Stockton's upper echelon.

So first off, if you want a legitimate news story on balancing boi, look here and here. I ain't about to track him down and ask him about his life. That shit might disappoint you, but listen here love, this boi is transient aka always moving. How the hell am I supposed to find him?

But your crack team of investigators here at the eminent Stockton Blog (me and Lil Baby Sqwee) tracked down all the info about him, by perusing (shouts to the thesaurus) the articles up 'ere. Apparently his name is Jack Walcott. And he's homeless.

Now I know some ya'll bout to start trippin 

"Beautiful O.G., I can't stand 'em hobos. They be ruinin the city."

L'look, most of these people have had tough lives my mans. Some did fuck up their lives. Other had their lives fucked up.  Idk if it's cause I raised by women or whatever, but I still got some compassion for em. People be strugglin everywhere we look. My family almost went homeless, son. I know some of my real trappers out their can relate to that. Like of course I ain't a fan of them tent cities and whatever, but it's not like these people want to be their either. So chill with 'at animoisity, life ain't that simple. We could end up in their spot one day. Be a lil' kinder fam.

Please Balance Me

A legend appears

Anyways, balancing boi is a real one. I remember being on a date at DaVinci's the first time I saw him. Of course, ya boi  was on fire. My girl was swooning over me, all in-love, and goin crazy for err'thang I said. But I'm used to that. Yah, that's a daily occurrence. That's why I always be so disinterested in things around me. So, I was lookin around, just being beautiful and suave, when I saw a bike floatin behind my date's head.

I was like, "Oh shit! DaVinci's haunted!" She was all confused and turned around, and that's when we saw him.

This skinny lil white boy wasn't nothing special. He looked like any other white boy, but dirty. I saw him holdin that lil ass cardboard sign and knew my boi was strugglin. But there he was, man, balancing a bike on top of his head.

Now homeboi was standing on the island between the restaurant and Osh. Eventually, an officer came and forced him to leave. I was like "Aye, that's no coo." But when I saw him the next time near the malls, I was so like absorbed by him balancing a garbage bag filled with stuff, I almost hit the car in front of me. So, ya boi gets it, the balancing is distracting.But like, it's a good thing. Irregardless of potential car accidents.

I got love for this dude I ain't ever spoken wit. He's a reminder that we categorize people too easily. Like look, I don't know what the fuck he did to end up being the homeless guy that balances stuff on his head, but all the articles about him have to discuss homelessness in Stockton, drug addiction, panhandling, and his family's dislike of him. Shiit, even I did the same. Gettin ready for this article I had to ask Sqwee how much homeless shit do we bring up. Neither of us could decide.

Like at one point, I was gonna do a review of the best Tent Cities in Stockton. I thought it was funny and so did the young lions I surround myself wit. But it ain't. Like, there's kids out there ya'll. There's people like balancin boi, that got these crazy interesting skills we'll never know about because they're just "homeless."

But there is, just balancin these obscenely (shouts to the thesaurus) large objects on his head. Just tryin to survive and make it out of where he is.First time I saw him was back in 2015 or 2016. I just some him again this weekend on my way to the gym. Four years and he still out here.

Whatever happened in his life, I can fuck with that. People know him. Lotta people wanna throw him out, but my boi just keeps balancin and livin. I can fuck with that.

Love.
-----

Public Response to homelessness: Apathy with a smidgen of disgust/ That scene from A Clockwork Orange where they beat the homeless guy to death

Mayoral Response: Strip Poker to Stanford, but what about the tents?/ Ship em to Hawaii

Legend Status: Massive, but not the biggest / The beautiful convict and me


Comments