I Did Most of the Things on the Stockton City Blog's List of Fun Things to Do, Pt. I

First timers to our city always ask the same generic question any tourist anywhere wonders, "What's there to do?" And they want it to be free.

Stockton's city blog, shouts, offered some activities for ya'll to enjoy. So, I tried them.

Damn, alright, I tried like a couple. This is the first one.


Farmer's Market

Beautiful O.G., you sure you didn't just do some grocery shopping? 

Yah, but it's also on Visit Stockton's list. Look ya'll, my body's a well oiled machine. It demands only the best of ingredients to run these streets. Run from a cop? I'm powered by ancient grains and locally collected honey. If I Gotta run down a tweaker, I got the strength of a lion from my free-range chicken eggs. Stockton's in the valley of California, so we have some decent produce.

Food4Less ain't never do nothin wrong to me. They always put respeck on the curvaceous Zeus I am. They do good deals on produce too. CostCo the homie too. But every now and again, I want something fresher. Something I know got plucked over the tree of a local, or localish, farm and delivered here. That's unhunnit percent what are farmer's market offers. 

Most of the people you speak with are the people who picked the produce. I mean, at least they say that. Ya boi can't picture harvesting crops and settin up stall at a market, but no disrespect. 

At the Stockton Farmer's Market you can get all the basic shit: cilantro, onions, carrots, apples, chard, whatever whatever. It ain't nothin crazy like gold-plated strawberries grown by child servants of the last King of Bosnia, but it's that quality you're getting. 

The oranges taste like oranges. It ain't that bland-ass fruit you get from a lot of produce stores today. No weird ass gasoline-infused chemicals to rush ripening. 

The food vendors are pretty legit too. There's kettle corn being freshly popped. Homemade Indian Food. Some fish guy that I always see packin up early. But, I dunno. They askin too much.

Gamble with Ya Produce

Go closer to closing. On sundays, they go from like 9:00am to 12:00 pm. If you don't know, the sellers don't really want to take produce back. They'll probably cut you a deal. Ya boi got 4lbs of Blood Oranges for $3. Of course, I missed the pomegranates. But you gotta picka ya battles.

Farmer's Markets too Yuppie, Son

Be real, the one over by where Circuit City used to be really ain't. You mostly see old vaqueros walkin around and Asian grandparents. The Lincoln Center- Broolside type don't venture out here for food. But, I got you.

My alternative, don't be scared of the flea markets. We gotta a big ass on that goes down on the East Side on weekends. I know some of ya'll don't like the sound of shopping at a flea market, but the produce quality is pretty much the same. Also, they got all this other shit for sale, like entertainment systems and lil' ass poopies. Just don't go around asking to purchase a young child bride, cause I'm sure someone there can get ya one too.

Also, somenof ya'll gonna laugh, but the 99 Cent Store has better selection now too. Sure most of their fruits and veggies be covered in that cancer kinda shit, but you ain't really care about that with yo Hot Cheeto, smartphone lovin' self.

Beautiful O.G., Should I Come to Stockton for the Farmer's Market?

The Fuck? No. I love it for my groceries, but it ain't nothing excitin. Ain't nothin unique either. If you out here when it's goin on, then yeah check it out, fine. Be real. You'd like the flea market better though. Irregardless, don't be plannin your trip around places to buy bunches of cilantro for $1. Ain't no one gonna love you for that. Not even ya self.

Love.

----
Variety: The Basics/ Purchasing a Pickled Tiger's Paw for Dinner.

Price: You'll Think About Shoplifting a Few Bunches/ Yes, I can Afford a Pea.

Atmosphere: They Watch How Many Samples You Eat/ They Got Guard Chickens.






Comments